- Artists: Daniel Goddemeyer, Moritz Stefaner, Dominikus Baur, Lev Manovich.
- Contributors: Software Studies Initiative (Mehrdad Yazdani, Jay Chow), Brynn Shepherd and Leah Meisterlin, and PhD students at The Graduate Center, City University of New York (Agustin Indaco, Michelle Morales, Emanuel Moss, and Alise Tifentale).
On Broadway is an interactive application and a public installation commissioned by the New York Public Library for its exhibition Public Eye: 175 Years of Sharing Photography (December 2014-January 2016).
The interactive installation represents life in the 21st century city through a compilation of images and data collected along the 13 miles of Broadway that span Manhattan. The result is a new type of city view, created from the activities of hundreds of thousands of people.
- On Broadway received the Silver Award in Kantar Information is Beautiful 2015 Awards competition.
Exhibition Dates and Locations
- Data in the 21st Century, V2, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, December 18, 2015 - February 14, 2016.
- Superconduction: Challenge of Art & Technology, Riga, Latvia, November 6 - 7, 2015.
- The Digital Visual. An exhibition of information design, Kutztown University, Pennsylvania, October 22 – November 22, 2015.
- Data Drift, co-curated by Lev Manovich, Riga, Latvia, October 8 – November 22, 2015.
- 2015 West Bund Biennial of Architecture and Contemporary Art, Shanghai, China, September 29 - November 28, 2015.
- Biennial Graphic Design Festival Breda, The Netherlands, September 25 - October 25, 2015 (and traveling for 2 years afterwards).
- Public Eye: 175 Years of Sharing Photography, New York Public Library (NYPL), December 13, 2014 - January 3, 2016.